Before I forget to post these, here are two possible writing gigs that might be of interest to you-
First one is from The Romance Reviews who are looking for tips about selling more Kindle books. If you’re self-publisher you might have a few good ones to share and here are the details-
The Romance Reviews is committed to helping romance authors sell more books by bringing their books to the readers via exposure and promotion. In this email, we’re going to tell you about our new project that also aims to do this.
How about Tips to Selling More Kindle Books?
In this day and age, it is no longer enough to have written a book. Authors need to be enterprising and savvy about marketing and selling their books. We believe if we all share our knowledge and experience, this would be of benefit to all authors.
If you want to be a part of this, just send me an email with the following:
- Your author name
- Any awards or achievements (example, New York Times Bestselling, etc)
- One (1) tip to selling more kindle books
- Explain the tip, i.e. how to put it into practice, what to do, etc.
- Relate your own personal story of how, on using that tip, you were able to increase sales of your book (maybe as a comparison from sales of a previous book where you didn’t apply the tip)
If your submission is selected, you will be given:
- Credit for the tip, thus providing you with exposure
- One (1) free entry to a TRR event – an author ad package that costs $68. You may redeem it for any TRR event within one year.
- The compilation of all the tips
- Word Count: 1,500 to 3,000 words
- You may include charts and graphs in jpg format to illustrate your point, if need be
- Plagiarism is not to be tolerated.
- All rights of the accepted submission will be given to The Romance Reviews. This means you cannot blog about it in its entirety or send it to another entity asking for the same information, if any.
- You may send as many tips as you want.
Instructions for Sending:
- Send all submissions to carole @ theromancereviews.com
- Subject of Email: Tips to Selling More Kindle Books
- Your entry should be inside the body of the email. You may send graphs and charts in jpg format as attachments, if any.
Deadline for submission: March 31, 2016
Second one, Chicken Soup for the Soul is currently looking for Holiday themed non-fiction stories. Check out their Web site http://www.chickensoup.com for more details-
Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Joy of Christmas
101 Holiday Tales of Inspiration, Love and Wonder
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS APRIL 30, 2016.